5 Garage Door Safety Tips for Kids
A garage door is a huge, heavy moving object, and while it might not seem like a threat to the safety of your children, if not treated properly, it can absolutely cause serious injury to your kids. That’s why it’s important that you understand how to safely operate and maintain your garage door and teach your children the importance of garage door safety.
Here are 5 key garage door safety tips families with kids need to follow:
- The garage door opener is not a toy. Keep it out of reach of your small children.
- Children should be taught to never play under or near the garage door, especially when it is open or moving.
- Children should be taught to never run under the garage door when it’s closing.
- Never let your kids place their hands and fingers on or between the door panel sections.
- Don’t allow your kids to bounce balls off the garage door or otherwise cause wear and tear.
Is your garage door in need of maintenance? Trust the experienced, honest team At Abstract Overhead Door and Fence Co., providing garage door services in Philadelphia since 1990. Learn more at www.AbstractDoor.com. Like us on FaceBook.