5 Tips for Commercial Rolling Doors Safety
If your business has steel rolling doors, it’s important that you and your staff know how to safely operate and maintain your rolling doors to prevent accidents and avoid unnecessary, costly repairs. Here are 5 simple tips that for warehouse door safety.
- Never leave the rolling door halfway open. A warehouse door that’s left halfway open is a hazard and a serious accident waiting to happen. The doors should always be either all the way down or all the way up.
- Don’t stand under a moving door—Don’t try to run under a closing rolling door before it closes as you could very easily get seriously hurt.
- Keep your hands and fingers away from moving parts—As the door is opening or closing, keep your hands away from any sections of the door or moving parts as you could get your fingers caught and smashed.
- Inspect your doors regularly—Ideally, you should do a quick inspection of your rolling doors weekly to make certain they are still in good condition.
- Have your doors professionally maintained—To get the maximum lifetime and safe performance from your steel rolling doors, have them professionally maintained by an expert technician semi-annually.
Abstract Overhead Door and Fence Co. is a family-owned and operated business that has been serving customers across Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware since 1990. We offer a complete line of rolling door and garage door services, including an extensive selection of new garage doors as well as garage door repair service, maintenance, and more. Visit our website at www.AbstractDoor.com.
Like us on FaceBook.